Well, stuff happened... Instead of getting any of those things accomplished I end up spending the next twelve hours in the emergency room with my daughter. It wasn't as simple as the flu, but she will be fine. It's going to require more family support, but taking care of family is my top priority, right now. Even, the best laid plans don't always work out.
So, what is the writer supposed to do? Here are a few of my suggestions.
- Schedule like hell.
- Make a to-do-list
- Use micro moments of time - use travel time to revise, or work on previous pieces.
- Have a notebook and pen with you at all times, even at the bedside to jot down ideas, outline notes, etc.
- Assign a limited time to social networking each day, otherwise you may find yourself wasting enormous amounts of time.
- To save time group tasks together.
- Learn to say,"No" to unnecessary drains on your time.
- And, keep on writing one word at a time.