Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another Year

Birthday Cake
Well, another year older, another year wiser. Yeah, right! Today is my birthday. I won't bother revealing which one. Suffice it to say, on the one hand, the number depresses me, and on the other, I'm happy to still be here, the alternative is not very appealing. So, I'll take this birthday and enjoy it. My husband often tells me to relax and enjoy the aging process.

 "You can't do anything about it, honey, you might as well enjoy it." I roll my eyes and walk away.


He's one of those men who believe women should grow old gracefully.


"I think you would look beautiful with gray hair. I don't see why you need to go to the hairdresser. " He tells me. 


I hand him my hairdresser's card. "She'll be doing my hair till the day I die and for my funeral, understand." I tell him.


He shakes his head and puts the card in his shirt pocket. But, as time passes I think he might be on to something.


I still go to the hairdresser and I do what I can to fight the aging process, but there are advantages to accepting where I am in life. It seems everywhere I go, I've been there, done that and not much in life surprises me anymore, including people. So, I can sit back, relax and choose where, when and how I want to enjoy the ride of life.


Shopping and a birthday lunch sound like a good place to start today.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment