Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No time Like the Present


These past few months have been eventful for me and, as a result, my writing has taken a back seat.
But, things are settling down, and I am ready to find my way back to a routine that will nurture my writing.

I didn't take a complete hiatus from the keyboard. I managed to write a few short stories, read a couple of books, and keep up with a number of my favorite blogs, among them, The Daily Creative Writer,  one of the most interesting and inspirational blogs I have found. The author, Elizabeth Cutright writes often about the importance of daily writing, even during the most hectic of times. She calls these daily musings,  morning pages. The more I read, the better I liked the idea.

To say this has been a hectic time for me and my family is putting it mildly and now that we're heading into the holiday season, things aren't going to be slowing down for a while. I knew if I continued to let circumstances dictate my writing time, I may never get it back.  It was time to make a decision, to get back on a schedule, to engage my muse, and make writing as routine as eating and breathing. As the saying goes, "There is no time like the present." This is my attempt.

Welcome, to Sheila's Morning Pages. I don't promise great words of wisdom or insight on these morning pages, just that I'll be here sharing and writing. Something. Anything. It is a start.  It may be a prompt, a nugget of news,  a diagram for grammar, gossip or an opinion piece.  I hope you will stay tuned. In the meantime, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday with your family and loved ones. I intend to, but each morning bright and early, I will start my day with morning pages and see where it takes me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment